Volunteers and teachers engage with students as they become Junior Scientists and Engineers in an exciting Lemonade Activity. Adults and students work together to conduct experiments, engineer lemonade production, and use math to measure and make lemonade all while learning about key supply chain concepts.
The Lemonade Activity is a hands-on activity for Kindergarten to 2nd graders, with increased complexity for 3rd to 5th graders, that introduces students to STEM concepts and four key areas of supply chain – Source, Make, Deliver, Reuse/Recycle.
STEM Concepts Include:
US geography, climates, and the water cycle
- Forming and testing hypothesis through experimentation
- Measurement of solids and liquids
- Five senses and sink or float (K-2nd)
- Design engineer custom lemonade and taste test histogram (3rd-5th)
- Best conditions for sugar dissolution in water (3-5)