Prepare for the CPIM Exams New Version 6.0
APICS provides a number of tools and resources to support candidates in their journey toward certification. Find the learning option that works best for you, self-study materials through the CPIM Learning System, online courses or classroom instruction.
If you are continuing on the CPIM Version 5.0 (legacy) 5-module journey, you are eligible to purchase the Version 5.0 exams, courseware and supporting products. View the phase-out timeline to ensure that you have everything you need to complete your certification in 2018.
Learn on your own anytime, day or night, to accommodate your demanding schedule. The APICS CPIM Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and certification preparation program based on the APICS CPIM body of knowledge. The system provides reading materials and interactive web-based study tools.
CPIM Learning System Pricing*:
PLUS Member: $395
CORE or nonmember: $550
PLUS Member: $495
CORE or nonmember: $690
*All cost estimates in US dollars and cost may vary based on shipping and tax.
Register to learn online with college support - Instructor-supported online courses are offered through Fox Valley Technical College, which provides online APICS CPIM review courses that are interactive and easily navigated. All workshops are taught by instructors who have earned APICS certification and have years of supply chain management experience. Visit Fox Valley Technical College for more information on the APICS CPIM Online Classes.
Local classes are offered by recognized APICS instructors for our local chapters (200 in North America) or international partners (100 outside North America).
Find an APICS classroom course near you
Additional CPIM Study Tools & Support
APICS Dictionary & App
Master terms and definitions that you’ll find on APICS exams with the current edition of the APICS Dictionary
. This is the most comprehensive reference for supply chain and operations terminology—one you’ll find yourself turning to time and time again throughout your career. APICS PLUS members receive a free edition.
Exam Content Manual
Free to APICS PLUS and CORE members, we strongly recommend you begin your preparation with the CPIM Exam Content Manual
. It provides an overview of the curriculum with test specifications, test-taking advice, key terminology, and Q&A.
Supply Chain Channel Online Community
Find a study group. Start a discussion. There are many ways to connect with other professionals through the Supply Chain Channel
. The APICS community is here to support your efforts to increase your knowledge and enhance your skills.
APICS has the best educational resources available to help you build your knowledge of industry practices and to support your certification exam preparation.
CPIM Part 1:
- APICS Dictionary, 15th ed., 2016, APICS
- Introduction to Materials Management, 8th ed., 2017. Chapman, S. N., Arnold, J. R. Tony, Gatewood, A. K. Clive, L. M.
- Lean Production Simplified: A Plain Language guide to the World’s Most Powerful Production System, 3rd ed., 2015, Dennis, P.
- United Nations Global Compact: Corporate Sustainability in the World Economy, 2014, UN Global Compact Office
- United Nations Global Compact Management Model: Framework for Implementation, 2010, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
CPIM Part 2:
- APICS Dictionary, 15th ed., 2016, APICS
- APICS CPIM Detailed Scheduling and Planning Reprints, 2010, APICS Exam Committee
- APICS CPIM Execution and Control of Operations Reprints, 2015, APICS Exam Committee
- APICS CPIM Master Planning of Resources Reprints, 2010, APICS Exam Committee
- Accounting Handbook, 6th ed. 2015, Shim, J. K., Siegal, J. G., Dauber, N., Qureshi, A. A.
- Crafting and Executing Strategy: The Quest for Competitive Advantage: Concepts and Readings, 20th ed., 2016, Thompson, A. A., Peteraf, M. A., Gamble, J. E., Strickland III, A. J.
- Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies and Case Studies, 3rd ed., 2008, Simchi-Levi, D., Kaminsky, P., Simchi-Levi, E.
- Distribution Planning and Control: Managing in the Era of Supply Chain Management, 3rd ed. 2015, Ross, D. F.
- The G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines: Reporting Principles and Standard Disclosures, 2015, Global Reporting Initiative
- Introduction to Materials Management, 8th ed., 2017, Chapman, S. N., Arnold, J.R. Tony, Gatewood, A. K. Clive, L. M.
- Juran’s Quality Handbook: The Complete Guide to Performance Excellence, 7th ed., 2017, DeFeo, J. A.
- Leading Change, 2012 Kotter, J. P.
- Lean Production Simplified: A Plain-Language Guide to the World’s Most Powerful Production System, 3rd ed., 2015, Dennis, P.
- The Lean Toolbox: A handbook for lean transformation, 5th ed., 2016 Bicheno, J., Holweg, M.
- Making Sustainability Work: Best Practices in Managing and Measuring Corporate Social, Environmental and Economic Impacts, 2nd ed. 2014, Epstein, M. J., Buhovac, A. R.
- Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management, APICS/CPIM Certification Edition, 2011 Jacobs, F. R., Berry, W. L., Whybark, D. C., Vollmann, T. E.
- Operations Strategy, 4th 3rd ed., 2015, Slack, N., Lewis, M.
- Project Management: A System Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling, 11th ed., 2013, Kerzner, H. R.
Interested in Corporate or Group Learning? Contact APICS for Business