This seminar assists beginning and experienced planners using a materials requirements planning (MRP) system to acquire a firm understanding of the principles and functions of MRP. It includes an in-depth review of the role and activities performed by the MRP planner. Speaker Maryanne Ross, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP, will help attendees understand the role of MRP in the manufacturing process.
Through classroom discussion and practical, hands-on exercises the seminar provides today’s manufacturing planner with answers to several key questions:
- What are the objectives and functions of MRP?
- What are the outputs of the MRP calculation?
- How does the MRP planner work with different types of demand placed on the inventory resources of the company?
- What is the purpose of MRP-generated action messages and how does the MRP planner use them when performing MRP output maintenance?
- What is the purpose of the different types of supply order in MRP and how are these used?
- How does the MRP planner determine when it is time to release manufacturing and purchase orders?
- How does the planner identify, negotiate and resolve operations conflicts.
- What performance measurements should be used to determine the effectiveness of the MRP in priority management?
By the conclusion of the seminar, the production planners will acquire practical tools to make MRP environments work more smoothly, increase productivity, and reduce operational costs.
Participants will be served lunch and will receive all PowerPoints used during the seminar.
Maryanne Ross, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP, is an author, speaker, trainer and instructor, specializing in professional development and supply chain management. For nearly 25 years, she has been an active APICS member and volunteer, serving on the board of directors, representing the Mid-Atlantic district and currently holding the role of district manager. Ross gives presentations at APICS chapter, district and international events.
*Please note that the cancellation fee for all seminars is $49.