The APICS LDI class examines the dynamics of the classroom and describes techniques to maximize learning. This course builds on the foundation developed in the prerequisite APICS Train the Trainer (TTT) course.
APICS workshop participants gain a better understanding of learning principles and styles. Discover how to select appropriate training methods, enhance listening and questioning skills, use feedback, and handle challenging situations. Workshop participants are involved in several interactive experiences throughout the two-day APICS class.
This interactive two-day, eight-session, hands-on APICS workshop includes
- identifying the elements of an effective and positive learning environment
- selecting active training methods to maximize learning
- using interactive communication skills to assess and reinforce learning
- developing and practicing strategies for handling problem situations
- enhancing the motivation of learners
- developing a deeper understanding of student's learning styles and how they affect training
- practicing impromptu speaking
- matching training methods to learning objectives
- planning for future instructional skills development
Requirements to participate
- You must be recognized by APICS as an Associate, Lead, or Master of Instructor Training within the APICS Instructor Development Program to purchase the APICS TTT and LDI Instructor Kits.
- All APICS TTT or APICS LDI Courses must be taught or co-taught by an APICS Master of Instructor Training.
- If the APICS TTT or APICS LDI course is taught by multiple instructors, one must be an APICS recognized Master of Instructor Training and the other must be an Associate, Lead, or Master of Instructor Training in the Instructor Development Program.