APICS CPIM education is essential if you are involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Materials management
An APICS CPIM designation will help you:
- increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- maximize ROI on the systems and technologies within your organization
- master the tools you need to effectively manage global supply chain activities
- gain knowledge to apply principles ERP software to cover various critical functions within your organization
- earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
- enhance your credibility within your organization
- create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate-wide communication.
APICS CPIM exams:
To achieve certification, you must pass all of the following exams:
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Strategic Management of Resources
Explore the APICS CPIM exam modules
How you can prepare for your exams.
APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Online Review Course
- Provides an in-depth review of certification topics including essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to demand management, master scheduling, quality control, and continual improvement.
- Teaches proven techniques for increasing efficiencies and improving your company's bottom line.
APICS CPIM Study Tools
APICS CPIM Study Tools is the online component to your instructor-facilitated or self-study APICS CPIM exam preparation. APICS CPIM Study Tools is included with the purchase of an APICS CPIM participant workbook and includes pre- and post-assessments, progress tracking, PowerPoint slides, and more.
Access APICS CPIM Study Tools today.
What Can Students Do To Help Improve SMR Test Results Webinar
Do you need help passing the SMR exam? APICS master instructor Roger Harris, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP, has helped many SMR candidates like you—including those who have failed the SMR exam multiple times—successfully pass the SMR exam using the information that is in this webinar. Avoid common problems candidates experience with the SMR subject matter and understand the critical knowledge required of successful SMR exam candidates.
View the webinar now.
Read APICS certification test-taking tips
APICS CPIM exam preparation materials
APICS CPIM exam content manual previews
APICS CPIM exam references
APICS will be streamlining its exam payment, registration and scheduling processes. Please visit our Authorization to Test page to get started!
APICS offers testing opportunities for APICS CPIM exams across the globe
- Testing in North America
Click here for information on exam dates, locations, and registration fees in North America.
- Testing outside North America
Click here for the APICS International Partner Finder, which contains information on exam dates, locations, and registration fees outside North America.
Learn more about the APICS exam
Important note: APICS CPIM exam scores are valid for 10 years from the date of the exam. You must complete all five APICS CPIM exams within 10 years of taking your first APICS CPIM exam.
Summary of certification maintenance requirements:
- Abide by the APICS Code of Ethics
- You must earn a total of 75 professional development points every five years.
- If you fail to maintain your certification within 5 years, your credentials will be suspended.
- With each additional year of suspension you will be required to submit 15 additional points for APICS CPIM and 20 additional points for APICS CFPIM per year over the core 75 or 100 points for each year past your certification maintenance deadline to reinstate your credential.
- If you do not maintain within 5 years of suspended credentials, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exams.
Learn more about APICS certification maintenance.
Before taking an exam, you agree to:
- Maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct;
- Not misrepresent your qualifications, experience, or education to APICS or others you serve in a professional capacity;
- Respect and not violate the United States Copyright of all APICS materials, including but not limited to courseware, magazine articles and other APICS publications, APICS conference presentations, and CPIM and CSCP examination resources. In this same spirit, you must not violate the copyright of other organizations and individuals in your professional capacity;
- Not engage in or sanction any exploitation of one’s membership, company, or profession;
- Encourage and cooperate in the interchange of knowledge and techniques for the mutual benefit of the profession;
- In your professional capacity, respect the fundamental rights and dignity of all individuals. You must demonstrate sensitivity to cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socio-economic status;
- In your professional capacity, not engage in behavior that is harassing or demeaning to others based on factors including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, or socio-economic status;
- Adhere to this Code of Conduct and its application to your professional work. Lack of awareness or misunderstanding of an ethical standard is not itself a defense to a charge of unethical conduct;
- Contact the Ethics Committee when uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action violates the Code of Conduct; and
- Not to become the subject of public disrepute, contempt, or scandal that affects your image or goodwill.
Failure to abide by APICS Code of Ethics policy may result in sanctions up to and including decertification.