Applications are now are open. The deadline to apply is Sunday, June 26, 2016.
APICS offers graduate and undergraduate student members free admittance to APICS 2016 in Washington DC. In addition to attending educational sessions, this gives students a chance to explore careers in the operations and supply chain management fields through contact with professionals in their field at networking events and a career fair.
The program objectives include the following:
- Provide a positive APICS experience for students who attend conference
- Develop advocates for APICS and the APICS scholar program who share their experiences with others
- Enhance the development of the future leaders of APICS.
Aside from the opportunity to experience the conference and network with supply chain and operations management professionals, scholars receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Hotel accommodations
- $200 travel stipend
- Reserved seating at general session presentations
- A professional APICS member as your mentor
- Networking events
- Conference-geared student programs such as the Think Tank, Poster Session and Volunteer Leadership Workshop student tracks.
To become a scholar, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate APICS student member
- Must be enrolled full time during the Fall 2016 semester (comparable to 12 credits/semester for an undergraduate student and 9 credits/semester for a graduate student)
- Age 18 by September 1, 2016.
- Apply by the deadline of Sunday, June 26, 2016.
- Participate in the poster presentation
The Scholars Program poster presentation is a great way for students to show case their academic skills and knowledge.
- Posters will display lessons learned through
- Independent Research
- Scholarly Papers or Projects
- Group Assignments
- Case Studies
- Chapter Involvement
Selections will be based on the following criteria:
- Current APICS student member
- Full-time student during the fall 2016 semester
- 18 years of age by September 1, 2016
- APICS student chapter involvement
For more information, please contact Dana Day at email@example.com.