Applications for 2015 are now closed.
The APICS Supply Chain Council offers graduate and undergraduate student members free admittance to APICS 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition to attending educational sessions, this gives students a chance to explore careers in the operations and supply chain management fields through contact with professionals in their field at networking events and a career fair.
The program objectives include the following:
- Provide a positive APICS experience for students who attend conference
- Develop advocates for APICS and the APICS scholar program who share their experiences with others
- Enhance the development of the future leaders of APICS.
Aside from the opportunity to experience the conference and network with supply chain and operations management professionals, scholars receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Hotel accommodations
- $200 stipend
- Reserved seating at general session presentations
- Opportunities to meet general session speakers
- A professional APICS member as your mentor
- Networking events
- Conference-geared student programs such as the Head of the Class Competition, Poster Session and Volunteer Leadeship Workshop student tracks.
* Additional costs for travel and some meals are the responsibility of the scholar.
To become a scholar, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate APICS student member
- Must be enrolled full time during the Fall 2015 semester (comparable to 12 credits/semester for an undergraduate student and 9 credits/semester for a graduate student)
- Age 18 by October 1, 2015
- Apply by the deadline of Friday, July 24, 2015
- Participate in the poster presentation
The Scholars Program poster presentation is a great way for students to show case their academic skills and knowledge.
Download the poster template
- Posters will display lessons learned through
- Independent Research
- Scholarly Papers or Projects
- Group Assignments
- Case Studies
- Chapter Involvement
Selections will be based on the following criteria:
- College major
- APICS membership length
- Leadership experience during college
- APICS Student Chapter Board positions.
For more information, please contact Dana Day at email@example.com.