Join the Instructor Development Program to acquire innovative instruction techniques from a community of dedicated APICS Recognized Instructors. The techniques are designed to enhance your instructional skills and to help your learners pass exams and attain certification.
APICS offers tiered instructor designations to hone your existing skills as you advance through the program and develop more complex instructional skills.
- For beginning instructors, instructors with experience in one or two program areas, or more experienced instructors who only teach a particular program infrequently.
- May seek mentorship by Lead or Master instructors through their local APICS chapter, partner or approved APICS educational provider.
- Designed for instructors with approved subject matter expertise in two to five subject areas.
- Subject matter experts with deep practical experience are expected to be the critical core of the APICS IDP. Learners consistently seek instructors with “hands on” experience in a given area.
- May mentor Associate and other Lead instructors through their local APICS chapter, partner or approved APICS educational provider.
- Full-time APICS Recognized Instructor. Masters set the standard for high-quality education by demonstrating expertise in the full scope of the APICS courseware and in leading edge instructional techniques.
- Contributes to APICS courseware and evaluates other instructors’ performance.
- Master Instructors may mentor Associate, Lead and other Master instructors through their local APICS chapter, partner or approved APICS educational provider.
How do I apply to the APICS Instructor Development Program?
- Be an active APICS Member
- Maintain a current APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP) or endorsement (SCOR-P)
- Download and complete the 2017 IDP Instructor Application.
- Submit the application electronically to email@example.com
- Include the following documents with your application:
- Professional Recommendation Letter
- APICS Partner Endorsement-2010
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Additional information that you wish to provide to support your application (e.g., training materials that you developed, teaching certificates, speaker bios, articles or publications, APICS course certificates of attendance)
- Complete the APICS Instructor Training Course (e.g., Train the Trainer, Learning Dynamics for Instructors) for the designation that you are seeking. APICS may recognize an equivalent course on a case-by-case basis.
For additional information, please email IDPapps@apics.org, or contact April Arnold, Professional Development, at 1-800-444-2742 or +1-773-867-1778, ext. 5820.
There is a minimal application fee for administration and processing.
For detailed information on how you can further develop your instructor skills, view the Instructor Training Courses.
APICS Recognized Instructors are required to maintain their instructional skills, credentials, membership and affiliations. Find out more about the 5-year IDP maintenance cycle period.