April 25, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
ASCM Headquarters (1st floor)
8430 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60631
About the Event
This advanced seminar will provide insight and techniques for supply chain leaders. Take this opportunity to hear from a successful supply chain leader regarding one of the most important aspects of the job, and often one of most assumed and overlooked: the people stuff. Longtime C-suite leader Karen Alber will share methodologies and approaches that will make leadership, integrity and people skills a key part of your professional journey -- skills that aren’t taught in college or most corporate training or leadership development programs. Karen will share the "secret sauce" that enables you to master the people stuff and become a memorable leader with a thriving career.
Attend the Advanced Management Skills seminar and learn how to:
- Gain a rare perspective on people skills you can apply immediately from a former CIO and executive for respected corporations
- Identify tools that guide you in determining and defining what you want to be known for and how to leverage those skills
- Manage today's cross-functional, global supply chain teams effectively
- Demonstrate why the people stuff can be more important than the technical stuff
- Refine skills that will make a difference at work and in your personal life
Karen, with many years of executive leadership experience in supply chain and information technology, now coaches individuals and organizations to enact positive change that becomes ‘the way we work around here’.
Prior to her current role as a coach and advisor, Karen was Chief Information Officer with MillerCoors and HJ Heinz. In her role as CIO, Karen was responsible for providing executive vision and leadership in the development and implementation of new business processes and improved information systems. After 10 years of being a CIO, Karen made the decision to retire and spend available time focusing on coaching individuals and future leaders. This is a personal passion of hers and has been a ‘sweet spot’ of her leadership style over the last 20+ years.
Prior to her roles at MillerCoors and Heinz, Karen held leadership positions at PepsiCo, Quaker Oats, and SAP America. Karen’s experience leading large teams and coaching hundreds of individuals through varying levels of change throughout her career leads Karen to be uniquely qualified to now coach individuals and organizations to drive personal change and do great things. A called-upon industry speaker, her fusion of real-life stories and conversational techniques connect with varying sized audiences at an intimate and instructive level.
Karen earned a Bachelor of Science in operations management from the University of Iowa and an MBA from Loyola University in Chicago.
ASCM Member $399
Cancellation, Refund, and Transfer Policy for Events
- Requests for cancellation of registration must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com no later than 14 days prior to the event. APICS will charge a 15% processing fee on all refund requests. Refunds will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival or early departures, or requests made within 14 days of the event.
- All transfers to a different seminar date will be subject to a 15% processing fee. No date transfers will be accommodated within 14 days of the event.
- Registrants may transfer registration to another name up to 2 days before the event; please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
APICS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training or event at its discretion. Registrants will be notified personally and given the opportunity to reschedule or have their full registration fees reimbursed.
Seating is limited and registration closes one week prior to event. Onsite registration is not available for this event.