August 24, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
APICS Headquarters (1st floor)
8430 West Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60631
About the Event
APICS introduces our newest one-day seminar, Principles of Distribution and Logistics. This seminar is designed to introduce operations management professionals to the field of distribution and logistics management. This comprehensive seminar is
appropriate for both beginning and experienced individuals.
Attend this seminar to learn how to:
- Use ”push” and “pull” inventory replenishment in a multi-echelon environment
- Integrate new technologies to your distribution channels
- Be mindful of sustainability and “green” issues
- Measure performance to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity
- Support customer service objectives using warehousing
- Decide when you should be using the various types of transportation modes
- Set objectives for warehouse design, automation, equipment, and layout
By the conclusion of the seminar, attendees will have a clear knowledge of the fundamentals of distribution and logistics functions and objectives.
Mark C. Hardison | CFPIM, CSCP, CLTD
Mark currently serves as the Associate Director, Supply Chain for Jubilant Cadista Pharmaceuticals, one of the fastest growing generic pharmaceutical companies in the US because of its ever increasing product portfolio. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelors in Business Administration from Strayer University.
He has over 40 years of experience in the fields of operations management and supply chain management. Mark is recognized by APICS as a Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), and Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD). He was the founding chair of the CSCP Examination Committee, has recently served as the chair of the CPIM Basics of Supply Chain Management Examination Committee, and currently serves as a founding member CLTD Examination Committee.
APICS member $399
Cancellation, Refund, and Transfer Policy for Events
- Requests for cancellation of registration must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days prior to the event. APICS will charge a 15% processing fee on all refund requests. Refunds will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival or early departures, or requests made within 14 days of the event.
- Registrants may transfer registration to another name up to 2 days before the event; please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
APICS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training or event at its discretion. Registrants will be notified personally and given the opportunity to reschedule or have their full registration fees reimbursed.
Seating is limited and registration closes one week prior to event. Onsite registration is not available for this event.