Principles of Operations Management Bootcamp
The Principles of Operations Management Bootcamp is a 3-day session that includes our top management workshops: Demand Management, Inventory Accuracy and Material Requirements Planning.
With each day designated to a specific learning workshop, attendees will understand how to:
• Develop a forecast and manage demand
• Define the role of management within your organization
• Utilize various tools to ensure accurate forecasting
• Determine when it is time to release manufacturing and purchase orders
• Manage and track forecast performance
• And learn much more!
The Principles of Demand Management
seminar is designed to assist beginning as well as experienced demand planners to acquire a firm understanding of the principles and functions of forecasting and customer and demand management. The seminar will provide an in-depth discussion of how effective forecasts are created and the various types of standard forecasting models available to today’s demand planner.
Inventory accuracy is the foundation of inventory management.
The Inventory Accuracy
seminar helps beginning and experienced operations managers more effectively manage and control inventory. Through a sample scenario, this seminar will provide attendees the opportunity to diagnose inventory problems and discover solutions as a class. Practical hands-on exercises in the seminar include total inventory carrying cost, ABC inventory control and cycle counting.
Material requirements planning
(MRP) is a vital component in the supply chain. It acts as the system’s bridge between master planning and production. MRP helps determine requirements and maintain priorities. The ASCM Principles of MRP seminar assists beginning and experienced planners to use an MRP system. Through classroom discussion and practical, hands-on exercises, this seminar will help attendees gain a firm understanding of the principles and functions of MRP in the manufacturing process.
Maryanne Ross | CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP
Maryanne Ross, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP, is the owner of training company Mental Apparel and an author, speaker, and instructor, specializing in professional development and supply chain management. For 25 years, she has been an active ASCM Member and volunteer, serving on the board of directors as a district manager, and as a chapter president. She currently is president of the APICS Maine Chapter. Ross develops content and presents at numerous supply chain conferences internationally, including the APICS annual conference.
ASCM member $999
We’ve bundled our courses to save you money! Register for The Principles of Operations Management Bootcamp and save up to $299!
Dates and Location
Courtyard Houston Heights / I-10
Demand Management – Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Inventory Accuracy – Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- Material Requirements Planning – Thursday, May 14, 2020
3220 Katy Freeway
Houston, Texas 77007
Cancellation, Refund, and Transfer Policy for Events
- Requests for cancellation of registration must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days prior to the event. ASCM will charge a 15% processing fee on all refund requests. Refunds will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival or early departures, or requests made within 14 days of the event.
- All transfers to a different seminar date will be subject to a 15% processing fee. No date transfers will be accommodated within 14 days of the event.
- Registrants may transfer registration to another name up to 2 days before the event; please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
APICS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training or event at its discretion. Registrants will be notified personally and given the opportunity to reschedule or have their full registration fees reimbursed.