Principles of Distribution and Logistics
Distribution and logistics professionals face the critical challenge of running nimble, efficient processes in an era of unprecedented change. The APICS Principles of Distribution and Logistics seminar is designed to introduce operations management professionals to the field of distribution and logistics management, and is appropriate for both beginning and experienced individuals.
Attend this seminar and learn how to:
- Use “push” and “pull" inventory replenishment in a multiechelon environment
- Integrate new technologies to your distribution channels
- Be mindful of sustainability and “green” issues
- Measure performance to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity
- Support customer service objectives using warehousing
- Decide when you should be using the various types of transportation modes
- Set objectives for warehouse design, automation, equipment, and layout
By the conclusion of the seminar, attendees will have a clear knowledge of the fundamentals of distribution and logistics functions and objectives. Attendees at the full-day seminar may claim 7 professional development points toward maintenance of your CPIM/CFPIM/CSCP/CLTD designation.
APICS member $399
Dates and Locations
Cancellation, Refund, and Transfer Policy for Events
- Requests for cancellation of registration must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com no later than 14 days prior to the event. APICS will charge a 15% processing fee on all refund requests. Refunds will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival or early departures, or requests made within 14 days of the event.
- All transfers to a different seminar date will be subject to a 15% processing fee. No date transfers will be accommodated within 14 days of the event.
- Registrants may transfer registration to another name up to 2 days before the event; please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
APICS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training or event at its discretion. Registrants will be notified personally and given the opportunity to reschedule or have their full registration fees reimbursed.