Sales and Operations Planning Workshop
Understanding the components of the S&OP process is one thing, but actually conducting the 5 Step S&OP process is another. The one-day S&OP Workshop fills this gap by providing participants an opportunity to perform a simulated S&OP process from beginning to end. Based on a company case study, participants will be using excel spreadsheets and graphs to conduct the 5 Step S&OP process in make-to-stock and make-to-order environments. The focus is on S&OP teams who will be responsible for defining product families, developing the demand and supply plans, and problem solving.
Through classroom discussion and practical, hands-on exercises the S&OP Workshop will enable participants to
- Explore in detail how to use the five step S&OP process
- Use a hands-on approach that emphasizes simulated problem solving and team collaboration
- Assemble agendas and conduct S&OP meetings
- Apply S&OP grids to perform simulations
- Arrive at a successful S&OP process output that can be used to drive marketing, sales, and operations until the next S&OP meeting
By the conclusion of the workshop, participants will acquire a basket of practical tools to make their S&OP programs work more smoothly, enhance forecast accuracy, increase productivity, and reduce operational costs.
Please note: Principles of Sales and Operations Planning is a prerequisite to this workshop
APICS Member: $599
APICS Non-Member: $699
Dates and Locations
S&OP Workshop Prerequisites and the APICS S&OP Education Certificate
To attend the S&OP Workshop, participants must have attended the one-day APICSS&OP Seminar that provides them with the necessary foundations of S&OP.
The workshop counts for 5 elective contact hours towards the APICS S&OP Education Certificate.
Participants will receive a course workbook. The workbook will provide the following:
- full text providing detail information for the topics discussed
- all PowerPoints used during the seminar
- all exercises discussed in the class
Participants will also receive all of the Excel spreadsheets used during the course of the class.
Cancellation, Refund, and Transfer Policy for Events
- Requests for cancellation of registration must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days prior to the event. APICS will charge a 15% processing fee on all refund requests. Refunds will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival or early departures, or requests made within 14 days of the event.
- All transfers to a different seminar date will be subject to a 15% processing fee. No date transfers will be accommodated within 14 days of the event.
- Registrants may transfer registration to another name up to 2 days before the event; please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
APICS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training or event at its discretion. Registrants will be notified personally and given the opportunity to reschedule or have their full registration fees reimbursed.