What does not qualify for maintenance points?
Below are activities that do not qualify for earning professional development points to maintain your APICS certification.
- Any class on presentation skills, public speaking, best teaching practices, or prerequisites and basic requirements for business classes
- APICS certification program administrative tasks, such as changes to the course content
- Non-APICS exams (for example, the Certified Purchasing Manager)
- Managing a booth at a conference
- Reading websites, books or listening to audiotapes
- Work experience
- Content added to a web site is not considered published work
- Basic computer courses
- MS Suite courses (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and Publisher)