Presentations, publications and educational development (PPED)
(Maximum of 60 % of total points for CPIM and 80% for CFPIM)
- Conducting the following programs directly related to supply chain and operations management = 2 point per hour of instruction. Half hour of instruction = 1 point
- courses (including certification review)
- meetings (instructional)
- tutorials workshops
- other presentations
Note: Points are awarded only once per year for presentations on the same topic. The time required to prepare presentations is not eligible for points.
- Article or contribution on subject directly related to operations management and published in one of the following = 2 points;
Note: The time required to research and develop material is not eligible for points.
- Original supply chain management research that is published and distributed (for example, the Journal of Operations Management, the Production and Inventory Management Journal, and white papers). = 5 points
- Any published material noted above that is cited as an APICS certification reference = 10 points (These points for certification reference materials are in addition to the points received for the actual publication.)