The APICS Mentoring Program gives student members guidance through the early stages of their careers. Mentors are assigned a scholar student to work with during the APICS annual conference. Students often need help navigating the expansive benefits, opportunities and products provided by APICS. Mentors use their APICS experience to direct students toward the best utilization of APICS resources.
The goal of the APICS Mentoring Program is to help build networks, gain industry knowledge, forge lasting relationships and better understand the value of APICS membership. The professional experiences of APICS mentors are what makes this goal possible.
Benefits for APICS mentors
- Meet the best and brightest supply chain management students in the nation.
- Build long-term relationships and expand your personal network.
- Give back to the APICS community in a meaningful way, and help shape the next generation of APICS leaders and volunteers.
- Earn two certification maintenance points.
- Gain access to preferential seating at general sessions.
APICS pre-conference duties
- Be aware of Mentoring Program goals, expectations and schedules.
- Contact the student before the conference and develop a good understanding of the student's interests, background and goals.
APICS conference duties
- Plan to arrive early at the conference and participate in the New Member Welcome and Volunteer Recognition receptions.
- Spend at least an hour per day with your student outside of program-sponsored events.
- Assist the student in making networking connections.
APICS Post-conference duties
- Complete the provided survey of your mentoring experience.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with your student, and assist him/her with career aspirations and goals.