The APICS Mentoring Program gives student members guidance through the first years of their career. Students often need help navigating the expansive benefits, opportunities, and products provided by APICS. Mentors use their APICS experience to direct students towards the most advantageous utilization of APICS resources.
The goal of the APICS Mentoring Program is to provide students with a unique experience by helping them build networks, gain industry knowledge, forge lasting relationships, and better understand the value of APICS membership. The professional experience of APICS mentors is what makes this goal possible.
Benefits for APICS mentors
- Meet the best and brightest operations students in the nation.
- Earn two certification maintenance points.
- Build long term relationships and expand your personal network.
- Give back to the APICS community in a meaningful way and help shape the next generation of APICS leaders and volunteers.
- Gain access to preferential seating at general sessions.
APICS preconference duties
- Be aware of program goals, expectations, and schedules before the conference.
- Contact the student before the conference and develop a good understanding of student's interests, background, and goals.
APICS conference duties
- Plan to arrive early at the conference and participate in the New Member Welcome and Volunteer Recognition Reception.
- Spend at least an hour per day with your scholar outside of program sponsored events.
- Assist the scholar in making networking connections.
- Complete the provided survey of your mentoring experience.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with your scholar, while helping expand his or her network.
- Assist your scholar with their career aspirations and goals.
Apply to be an APICS mentor.