The APICS Principles of Operations Management program has five customizeable courses that are classroom-based and instructor-led for individuals new to materials and operations management.
In addition to the courses, as presented, the sessions in each course can also operate as stand-alone minicourses or can be combined with other Principles course sessions to create a customized learning experience.
The APICS Principles of Inventory Management will impart an operational knowledge and understanding of inventory management principles and techniques, roles and responsibilities, and the impact that inventory can have on a business.
- inventory management fundamentals
- ordering techniques
- replenishment policies
- purchasing management
- just-in-time and lean methodologies
- inventory performance measurement.
The APICS Principles of Operations Planning course imparts a fundamental knowledge and understanding of the basic inventory planning principles and techniques that are used at each level in the planning process, from strategic to tactical.
- planning foundations
- business planning
- basics of forecasting
- sales and operations planning
- master scheduling
- capacity management
- operations systems.
The APICS Principles of Manufacturing Management course aims to provide fundamental knowledge and understanding of the core concepts necessary to effectively managing activities related to planning, scheduling, and controlling manufacturing processes.
- manufacturing management fundamentals
- manufacturing product structures
- material requirements planning (MRP)
- capacity planning and management
- production activity control
- advanced scheduling
- lean production management.
The APICS Principles of Distribution and Logistics program will provide fundamental knowledge of operations management and understanding of the core concepts necessary to effectively manage an organization's supply chain.
- operations management foundations
- introduction to distribution and logistics
- distribution channel design
- inventory management
- distribution requirements planning (DRP)
- warehouse management
- packaging and material handling
- transportation management
- transportation operations.
Principles of Managing Operations
imparts a fundamental knowledge and understanding of processes and operations, the function of project management, product and process design, quality management, process improvement, and organizational management and performance.
- Processes and operations
- Project management
- Product and process design
- Total quality management
- Statistical quality control
- Process improvement and optimization
- Organizational management and performance