APICS CSCP education is essential if you are
- interested in increasing your knowledge and expertise in the field of global supply chain management, specifically in the areas of customer relations, international trade, information technology enablement, and physical logistics
- consulting or facilitating supply chain functions or working with ERP systems
- creating a common standard of understanding, vocabulary, resources, and frameworks within your company to address your supply chain challenges and opportunities.
An APICS CSCP designation will help you:
- master the necessary tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities, including suppliers, plans, distributors, and customers around the globe
- acquire the skills you need to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate communication
- understand how to use enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems and other technologies to improve the entire supply chain process
- maximize your organization's ERP investments by millions of dollars
- increase your professional value and secure your future.
APICS CSCP exam preparation materials
The new APICS CSCP exam consists of three important modules. The exam reflects critical changes in the marketplace and in the evolving roles and responsibilities of operations and supply chain managers. For accreditation, you must master each of the following:
APICS Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Broad concepts include primary processes, objectives, logistics, integration methods, and rewards
- Alignment of supply chain with corporate strategies
- Key considerations for planning, inventory control, and continued improvement
- Identification and management of market segments
- Demand forecasting and effective management techniques
- Effective customer relationship management (CRM)
Supply Chain Strategy, Design, and Compliance
- Sustainability practices in design and operation
- Measurement, responsiveness, operations, and communications
- Risk, its sources, impacts, and mitigation methods
- Globally dispersed supply and demand, and the effects on logistics
- Factors influencing demand, including design, marketing, selling, and matching customer orders
- Core Customer Relationship Management (CRM) concepts, including strategies, technologies, and implementation challenges
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM), including strategies, improved source management, relevant technologies, and measurement
- Inventory planning and control methods
Implementation and Operations
- Supply chain dynamics and the balance of responsiveness and efficiency
- Managing supply from internal and external sources
- Implementation of demand plans, including prioritization, fulfillment, and capturing and communicating point-of-sale data
- Tools and techniques to support continuous improvement
Preview the APICS CSCP Exam Content Manual APICS CSCP exam preparation materials
The APICS CSCP Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and exam preparation program consisting of three print modules and web-based study tools that reflect the entire APICS CSCP Exam Content Manual (ECM) and provide you with a broad view of global, end-to-end supply chain management.
The APICS CSCP Learning System
- is enhanced to support the recent structural and content changes within APICS CSCP exam
- will further empower you with an understanding of best practices, techniques, and technologies necessary to maximize your organization's efficiency and impact the bottom line
- is offered in three learning options—self-directed, instructor-led, or corporate group (Instructor-led courses are offered through the APICS network of local channel partners, colleges and universities, and corporations).
APICS CSCP exam preparation materials
Preview the APICS CSCP ECM
View test-taking tips and strategies
View APICS CSCP exam references
Take the APICS CSCP Learning System Free Demo today
To earn your APICS CSCP designation, you must pass one comprehensive exam. Prior to taking the exam, you must be eligible. Eligibility applications must be received two weeks prior to the day you register for the exams.
To be eligible for the APICS CSCP designation, you must have:
- 3 years of related business experience or
- Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent*, or
- CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
*APICS defines the international equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree as the level of study that would qualify an individual for a graduate program in the country where the undergraduate degree was earned.
Submitting your eligibility application is free and easy. Complete your eligibility application for the APICS CSCP exam now. Candidates will receive immediate status notification upon application submission.
Please visit our Authorization to Test (ATT) page to get started!
APICS offers testing opportunities for APICS CSCP exams across the globe.
- Testing in North America (United States, Canada, and Mexico)
Click here for information on exam dates, locations, and registration fees within the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Testing outside North America
Click here for the information on exam dates, to find an exam location, and learn more about registration fees outside North America.
Take the exam
This is your summary of certification maintenance requirements:
- Abide by the APICS Code of Ethics
- You must earn a total of 75 maintenance points and apply for maintenance every 5 years.
- Professional development points may be earned in the following areas:
- Continuing education
- Presentations, publications, and educational development
- Service to the operations management profession
- Professional membership
- If you fail to maintain your certification within 5 years, your credentials will be suspended.
- With each additional year of suspension you will be required to submit more professional development points in order for your certification to be reinstated. (15 additional points per year are required for APICS CSCP designation.)
- If you do not maintain within 5 years of suspended credentials, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exam.
Apply for APICS CSCP maintenance
Before taking an exam, you agree to:
- Maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct;
- Not misrepresent your qualifications, experience, or education to APICS or others you serve in a professional capacity;
- Respect and not violate the United States Copyright of all APICS materials, including but not limited to courseware, magazine articles and other APICS publications, APICS conference presentations, and CPIM and CSCP examination resources. In this same spirit, you must not violate the copyright of other organizations and individuals in your professional capacity;
- Not engage in or sanction any exploitation of one’s membership, company, or profession;
- Encourage and cooperate in the interchange of knowledge and techniques for the mutual benefit of the profession;
- In your professional capacity, respect the fundamental rights and dignity of all individuals. You must demonstrate sensitivity to cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socio-economic status;
- In your professional capacity, not engage in behavior that is harassing or demeaning to others based on factors including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, or socio-economic status;
- Adhere to this Code of Conduct and its application to your professional work. Lack of awareness or misunderstanding of an ethical standard is not itself a defense to a charge of unethical conduct;
- Contact the Ethics Committee when uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action violates the Code of Conduct; and
- Not to become the subject of public disrepute, contempt, or scandal that affects your image or goodwill.
Failure to abide by APICS Code of Ethics policy may result in sanctions up to and including decertification.