Start an APICS Chapter
APICS builds and validates knowledge in supply chain and operations management. APICS enables its community of members, partners and end-customers to lead in the global marketplace. Chapter partners are a key component to achieving this goal and are a vital component of the organization’s growth strategy.
APICS chapters, located throughout North America, offer convenient and personalized education, strong local networks of peers, and easy accessibility for members. Participation with local chapters enables members to pursue leadership opportunities that expand skill sets, enhance career growth, and increase marketability.
APICS and its chapter partners share a set of common goals:
- To help motivated individuals in the supply chain profession, and those interested in pursuing a career in supply chain, expand their knowledge and capabilities through learning, certification, networking and other professional development opportunities.
- To assist companies in optimizing their supply chain and operations management through investment in the education and certification of their workforces.
- To improve the overall quality, sustainability and effectiveness of supply chains and supply chain professionals worldwide.
- To enhance the APICS brand and reputation and to ensure the quality of APICS products and services.
Steps for Developing a Chapter
The recommended steps are as follows:
- Obtain local consent.
It is important that those wishing to establish a new APICS chapter obtain consent and support from APICS District and Chapter Services Department in the early stages of chapter formation. To express interest in forming an APICS chapter in your area contact APICS District and Chapter Services Department by calling 800.444.2742 ext 5436, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Form local organizing committee.
The committee should represent a cross-section of the various types of industries within the business community to be served by the new chapter.
- Hold chapter interest meeting(s).
- Hold chapter organization meeting.
- Submit required documentation for partner agreement.