To develop future supply chain leaders, APICS offers graduate and undergraduate student members free admittance to APICS 2018 in Chicago, IL through the Scholars Education Program. At the event, students explore careers in supply chain management by attending educational sessions, meeting professionals in their field, attending networking events and participating in a career fair.
Applications open January 22, 2018.
The program objectives include the following:
- Provide a positive APICS experience for students who attend conference
- Develop advocates for APICS and the APICS Scholar Education Program who share their experiences with others
- Enhance the development of the future leaders of APICS
Aside from the opportunity to experience the conference and network with supply chain professionals, scholars receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Hotel accommodations
- $200 travel stipend
- A professional APICS member as a mentor
- Networking events
- Conference-geared student programs such as the Think Tank, Poster Session and career-focused education sessions.
To become a scholar, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate APICS student member
- Must be enrolled full time during the Fall 2018 semester (comparable to 12 credits/semester for an undergraduate student and 9 credits/semester for a graduate student)
- Age 18 by September 1, 2018
- Apply by the deadline of Sunday, April 29, 2018
- Participate in the poster presentation
The Scholars Program poster presentation is a great way for students to show case their academic skills and knowledge.
- Posters will display lessons learned through:
- Independent Research
- Scholarly Papers or Projects
- Group Assignments
- Case Studies
- Chapter Involvement
For more information, please contact Dana Day at email@example.com