The James Greathouse APICS Certification Professional Scholarship supports individuals who are seeking the APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) designations. Scholarship recipients are provided vouchers for APICS CPIM or CSCP courseware and exams. The certification must be completed within two years of the scholarship award.
This scholarship honors the legacy of James Greathouse, CPIM, who began serving the APICS Certification Committee in 1994 and chaired from 2006 until his death in 2010.
Greathouse was a supporter of APICS certification and the role certification plays in advancing the careers of operations and supply chain management professionals. His support was demonstrated by his volunteer leadership and his long career at Parker Hannifin, where he mentored many professionals and supported their pursuit of APICS certification.
To be eligible for the James Greathouse APICS Certification Professional Scholarship the candidate must:
- be an APICS member in good standing
- be employed as an Operations Management or Supply Chain professional with a minimum of five years of professional experience
- provide a letter indicating support of candidate's pursuit of APICS certification from employer.
- May 15th : Application form available online
- August 30th : Submission Deadline, 5pm Central Standard (CST)
- Mid-September : Award recipient(s) notified
- To submit an online application, click here. Only completed applications, which include the Employer Support Form, will be considered.
- PDF versions of the versions can be found here: Application | Employer Support Form
For questions about the James Greathouse Scholarship please contact Tamara Owoyemi at Towoyemi@apics.org or by phone at 773.867.1890.