The APICS Corporate Award of Excellence—Transformation recognizes an organizational transformation that elevates the business and its overall supply chain performance as a result of a supply chain assessment leveraging the APICS body of knowledge and/or the APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model.
Please visit apics.org/awardsofexcellence to enter. The submission portal will open in April 2017.
Entry submissions must include answers to the following three questions. Please respond in the order they are presented. Note: Submissions may not exceed four pages (about 2,000 words) in length.
- What were the challenges to be solved with this transformation, and what were its specific goals and objectives?
- How did the APICS body of knowledge and/or the APICS SCOR model play a role in this transformation? Summarize key discoveries, deliverables, and outputs for each of the five phases of a supply chain assessment: engagement with the organization; definition of supply chains and project scope; analysis of performance, processes, practices, and people; prioritization of the program portfolio; and launch of the successful project.
- What are the key results of the transformation? Please include at least three specific examples.
During their review of your submission, judges will consider the following three criteria:
- Initiative: Did the organization pioneer a transformation that will drive more effective product offerings, engage employees, enhance collaboration, better meet customer demand, help mitigate risk, and advance overall supply chain performance?
- Solution: Has the method led to fundamental, meaningful organizational transformation? Do the strategies and tactics used include a large cross-section of the organization in order to proliferate progress?
- Results and sustainability: Does the organization operate more efficiently and profitably as a result of this transformation effort? How has the initiative positively affected employees? Is there a specific plan to ensure that the transformation is sustainable?
Please contact Elizabeth Rennie at email@example.com with any questions about the awards program.