The APICS Corporate Award of Excellence — Transformation recognizes an organizational transformation that elevates the business and its overall supply chain performance as a result of a supply chain assessment leveraging the APICS body of knowledge and/or the APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model.
The 2017 call for entries is closed. Winners will be announced at APICS 2017 this October. Please be sure to check this page next spring for details about the 2018 APICS Awards of Excellence.
Entry submissions must include answers to the following three questions. Please respond in the order they are presented. Note: Submissions may not exceed four pages (about 2,000 words) in length.
- What were the challenges to be solved with this transformation, and what were its specific goals and objectives?
- How did the APICS body of knowledge and/or the APICS SCOR model play a role in this transformation? Summarize key discoveries, deliverables and outputs for each of the five phases of a supply chain assessment: engagement with the organization; definition of supply chains and project scope; analysis of performance, processes, practices and people; prioritization of the program portfolio; and launch of the successful project.
- What are the key results of the transformation? Please include at least three specific examples.
During their review of your submission, judges will consider the following three criteria:
- Initiative: Did the organization pioneer a transformation that will drive more effective product offerings, engage employees, enhance collaboration, better meet customer demand, help mitigate risk and advance overall supply chain performance?
- Solution: Has the method led to fundamental, meaningful organizational transformation? Do the strategies and tactics used include a large cross-section of the organization in order to proliferate progress?
- Results and sustainability: Does the organization operate more efficiently and profitably as a result of this transformation effort? How has the initiative positively affected employees? Is there a specific plan to ensure that the transformation is sustainable?
Please contact Elizabeth Rennie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the awards program.