The APICS Corporate Award of Excellence — Education recognizes an organization’s commitment to productivity and advancement based on the effective and ongoing application of educational concepts, competencies and best practices from the APICS body of knowledge.
The 2017 call for entries is closed. Winners will be announced at APICS 2017 this October. Please be sure to check this page next spring for details about the 2018 APICS Awards of Excellence.
Entry submissions must include answers to the following three questions. Please respond in the order they are presented. Note: Submissions may not exceed four pages (about 2,000 words) in length.
- What challenge(s) did your organization face, and what were the objectives of using APICS educational concepts, competencies and best practices to address them?
- How does your organization apply and support APICS education (for example, sponsoring in-house seminars or chapter dues, offering time off to study or take APICS certification exams, etc.)?
- How has APICS education increased your organization’s success? Please include at least three specific examples.
During their review of your submission, judges will consider the following three criteria:
- Initiative: How effectively did the organization apply educational concepts, competencies and best practices from the APICS body of knowledge to the initiative?
- Solution: Has the method led to fundamental, meaningful organizational change and advancement? Do the strategies and tactics used include a large cross-section of the organization to proliferate progress?
- Results and sustainability: Does the organization operate more efficiently and profitably as a result of implementing APICS education? How has the initiative positively affected employees? Is there a specific and achievable plan in place to ensure that the change is sustainable?
Please contact Elizabeth Rennie at email@example.com with any questions about the awards program.