The APICS CSCP program helps your employees prove their knowledge and organizational skills for developing more streamlined operations. APICS CSCP education provides
- the tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities where suppliers, plants, distributors and customers are located around the world
- the ability to design successful supply chain strategies using global standards and common terminology
- insights to better manage supplier and customer relationships
- strategies to enhance performance through logistics, technology, and data integration
- proven ways to increase customer satisfaction and bottom-line results
- a foundation for collaboration that will enable interdepartmental synergy.
Who should earn the APICS CSCP designation?
APICS CSCP education is essential if your employees are responsible for
- aligning supply chain strategies with competitive priorities
- deciding whether to make or buy a particular component
- supplier and customer relationship management
- aligning systems and processes within the organization
- participating or managing the S&OP process.
Who is eligible to take the APICS CSCP exam?
APICS CSCP exam participants must meet the following criteria:
- 3 years of related business experience or
- Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent*, or
- CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
* Related business experience is work that directly connects to some aspect of the supply chain:
| raw materials extraction transportation and logistics procurement manufacturing warehousing distribution retail || customer service software design and support management sales quality control skilled craft work (technician) |
*Equivalent of a bachelor's degree is defined as a level of study that would qualify you for a graduate program in the country where the undergraduate degree was earned.
New and Updated Content
The new APICS CSCP Learning System consists of three important modules. Content is updated annually to reflect critical changes in the marketplace and in the evolving roles and responsibilities of supply chain managers. To become certified, your employees will need to master each of the following modules and pass a single exam.
The APICS CSCP Learning System provides your employees with an end-to-end view of the global supply chain. It empowers your employees with an understanding of best practices, techniques, and technologies necessary to maximize organizational efficiency and impact your bottom line. The APICS CSCP Learning System is a comprehensive exam preparation program consisting of three print modules and online interactive study tools.
All materials reflect the entire APICS CSCP Exam Content Manual (ECM) and are designed to prepare your employees for the APICS CSCP exam. They reflect the recent structural and content changes within the APICS CSCP exam and continue to be compatible with various learning styles, including
- instructor-led on-site training sessions
- instructor-assisted online learning.
Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Broad concepts include primary processes, objectives, logistics, integration methods, and rewards
- Alignment of supply chain with corporate strategies
- Key considerations for planning, inventory control, and continued improvement
- Identification and management of market segments
- Demand forecasting and effective management techniques
- Effective customer relationship management (CRM)
Supply Chain Strategy, Design, and Compliance
- Sustainability practices in design and operation
- Measurement, responsiveness, operations, and communications
- Risk, its sources, impacts, and mitigation methods
- Globally dispersed supply and demand, and the effects on logistics
- Factors influencing demand, including design, marketing, selling, and matching customer orders
- Core customer relationship management (CRM) concepts, including strategies, technologies, and implementation challenges
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM), including strategies, improved source management, relevant technologies, and measurement
- Inventory planning and control methods
Implementation and Operations
Learn more about the educational content of the APICS CSCP Learning System. Take the Free Demo now.
- Supply chain dynamics: Understanding the balance of responsiveness and efficiency
- Supply management from internal and external sources
- Implementation of demand plans, including prioritization, fulfillment, and capturing and communicating point-of-sale data
- Tools and techniques to support continuous improvement